Olympic & Paralympic Marathons
A guided walking tour, hightlights of the route
Got your own group? Why not ask about booking a guided Marathon Walk just for your group.
Where: St Paul's Underground Station, exit 2. (Central Line)
Time: 10.00 start
Cost: Group rate available on request.
You will need an Oyster Card, Travel Card or Freedom Pass for zones 1 - 2.
Finish Line: Trafalgar Square ca 13.30hrs.
Approx distance around 6km on foot with a short ride on public transport.
Booking: Essential. Enquiries for the Marathon Walk by email email@example.com.
- Don't panic, this is not a complete Marathon, no running shoes are required,
but you must be a regular walker and enjoy walking.
- The Olympic & Paralympic Marathons will take a circular route visiting the 'must see' sites of
Westminster and The City of London such as St. Paul's Cathedral, The Guildhall, Leadenhall Market,
Tower of London and Tower Bridge, The Embankment, Big Ben & Houses of Parliament, The Mall,
Buckingham Palace, St. James's Park and Trafalgar Square are just some of the places en route.
- What better way to see London than on foot?
- Great photo opportunities.
- Work out the best viewing points for Games time (a free event).
- Why is the Marathon 26 miles 385 yds? Hear about London's Olympic History
and preparations for the 2012 Games.
- See some of the central London Olympic venues.
- Hear about the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations & Charles Dickens' anniversary too.